A CAMPUS FOR THE DEAKIN UNIVERSITY OF AUSTRALIA WILL OPEN IN GIFT CITY
- The first foreign university to establish a campus in India will be Australia’s Deakin University. The autonomous campus would be built in Gujarat International Financial Tec-City (GIFT) City.
- Australian Prime Minister Anthony Norman Albanese is scheduled to make the official announcement when he is in Ahmedabad.
- According to the QS World University Rankings, Deakin University is ranked 266 overall. It is one of the world’s top 50 new universities.
IRAN HAS ENRICHED URANIUM TO 83.7%, ACCORDING TO A UN STUDY
- The underground Fordo nuclear facility in Iran had uranium that had been enriched up to 83.7%, according to inspectors from the United Nations nuclear watchdog.
- Tensions over Iran’s nuclear program between the West and Iran are set to grow as a result of the member nations receiving a classified quarterly report from the Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency.
- Even then, Tehran is already experiencing domestic turmoil as a result of months of demonstrations and Western outrage over the shipment of bomb-carrying drones to Russia for its conflict with Ukraine.
INDIA’S MANUFACTURING PMI FELL IN FEBRUARY TO A 4-MONTH LOW OF 55.3
- According to the S&P Global India Manufacturing PMI report, India’s purchasing managers’ index (PMI) fell to a 4-month low of 55.3 in February as a result of an increase in input prices.
- The manufacturing PMI was 55.4 in January. However, the headline number continued to be higher than its 53.7-year average. A production increase over the previous month is indicated by a value over 50.
- According to the survey, input costs in the manufacturing sector grew further as businesses reported higher prices for electronic components, electricity, food, metals, and textiles.
- Despite accelerating to a four-month high, the rate of inflation was among the lowest in more than two years and below its long-run normal.
IARI HOSTS PUSA KRISHI VIGYAN MELA IN NEW DELHI
- The Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) organizes the Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela every year. This year, it will take place in New Delhi from March 2–4.
- Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, will serve as the chief guest at the Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela’s opening ceremony.
- “Nutrition, Food, and Environmental Protection with Shree Anna” is this year’s fair’s theme.
IN MP, NITIN GADKARI LAUNCHED SEVEN NATIONAL HIGHWAY PROJECTS
- Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, officially opened seven National Highway projects in Rewa, Madhya Pradesh, totaling 204 km and costing Rs 2,444 crore.
- According to Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, the distance between Rewa and Sidhi has shrunk by 7 km as a result of the completion of the Churhat tunnel and bypass. Now, travelers may travel this distance in 45 minutes as opposed to two and a half hours.
- The Minister stated that the tunnel’s construction, the protection of white tigers and other wild creatures, and the preservation of the overall forest environment will all assist the flow of cars in the Rewa-Sidhi stretch.
JAPAN, THE U.S., SOUTH KOREA, AND TAIWAN LAUNCH THE “CHIP 4” SUPPLY CHAIN NEGOTIATIONS
- The first meeting of senior officials under a new U.S.-led framework to help assure a steady supply of semiconductors was conducted with Japan, the United States, South Korea, and Taiwan, according to the Japanese Ministry of Industry.
- The Biden administration established a new discussion group on offshoring semiconductors with Japan and South Korea and encourages companies to compete for a share of the $50 billion previously authorized to revitalize the American chip sector and surpass China technologically.
- The Economic Security Dialogue between the US, Japan, and South Korea was formally launched in Honolulu.
- On February 16, representatives from business organizations from the four economies participated in the “Chip 4” alliance’s virtual conference to explore how to preserve supply chain resilience in the event of natural catastrophes and other unforeseen circumstances.
310 INDIGENOUS ADVANCED TOWED ARTILLERY GUN SYSTEMS WILL BE PURCHASED BY THE INDIAN ARMY
- A key step towards “Make-in-India” in the defense industry was made when the Ministry of Defence accepted a request from the Indian Army to purchase 310 Advanced Towed Artillery Gun Systems (ATAGS) for use along the borders with China and Pakistan.
- A proposal from the Indian Army valued at more than USD 1 billion, is now being discussed.
- This would be the first order for the homegrown howitzer, which is regarded as the greatest weapon in its class and can attack targets up to 50 km away.
- The weapon has been put through a variety of terrain and altitude tests by the army. Based on customer feedback, they have been updated.
IN FEBRUARY 2023, GROSS GST RECEIPTS WERE 1,49,577 CRORE
- In February 2023, the gross goods and service tax (GST) revenue collection totaled Rs 1,49,577 crore, an increase of around 12% annually.
- With this, the monthly GST collections stayed over Rs 1.4 lakh crore for a continuous 12 months, according to a statement from the Finance Ministry. In February 2022, India’s GST income was Rs 1,33,026 crore.
- CGST accounts for Rs 27,662 crore, SGST for Rs 34,915 crore, IGST for Rs 75,069 crore (including 35,689 crores collected on import of goods), and cess for Rs 11,931 crore of the total income received. (including Rs 792 crore collected on import of goods).
LAUNCH OF INDIA’S MOST LUCRATIVE CO-BRANDED TRAVEL CREDIT CARD BY HDFC BANK AND IRCTC
- The establishment of a co-branded travel credit card was announced by HDFC Bank and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp Ltd (IRCTC). The recently released co-branded card, which goes by the name of IRCTC HDFC Bank Credit Card, is only offered through NPCI’s Rupay network.
- The card would offer special advantages and optimum discounts on train ticket purchases made through the IRCTC Rail Connect app and ticketing website.
- We will be able to offer our card to millions of Indians nationwide thanks to the IRCTC HDFC Bank Credit Card.
ACCORDING TO AN ILO-UNICEF STUDY, THE “PM CARES FOR CHILDREN” PROGRAM IS IN PLACE IN 31 INDIAN STATES
- According to an ILO-UNICEF report on Social Protection for Children, the national “PM CARES for Children” program, which was launched during the pandemic, has been implemented in 31 Indian states. The program benefits 151,322 half-orphans (children who have lost one parent) and 10,793 full orphans (children who have lost both parents).
- The national “PM CARES for Children” initiative had been put into effect, according to the report, in 31 Indian states. Only 4,302 kids have benefited from the program thus far.
NADA AND NCERT STRIKE AN AGREEMENT TO IMPROVE TEACHERS’ AND STUDENTS’ PARTICIPATION IN VALUES-BASED SPORTS EDUCATION
- The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA), both under the Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to improve value-based sports education among schoolchildren and instructors.
- The creation of accessible e-content on sports ethics and values is one of the main tasks that will be accomplished through this MoU. Under the terms of the MoU, every school will also promote the UNESCO Value-Based Sports Education toolset.
SCIENTISTS HAVE DETERMINED THAT THE EARTH’S CORE HAS A FIFTH LAYER
- The fifth layer of the planet has been uncovered by scientists working to unlock the geological mysteries of the planet.
- The lowest regions of the Earth’s inner core have become better-understood thanks to seismic waves produced by earthquakes. Iron and nickel, which make up the majority of the inner core, are used to create the fifth layer.
- The Australian National University team of researchers analyzed the rates at which these seismic waves enter and exit the Earth’s deep core.
THE WINNER OF THE 2023 PEN/NABOKOV LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD IS WRITER VINOD KUMAR SHUKLA
- Vinod Kumar Shukla, who has spent decades writing acclaimed books like Naukar Ki Kameez (1979) and poetry collections like Sab Kuch Hona Bacha Rahega, has won the PEN/Nabokov Award for Achievement in International Literature for a lifetime of achievement in Literature, one of the most coveted literary awards in the world. (1992).
- PEN America presents the prize each year.
THE ORGANIZING BODY FOR SWACHH SUJAL SHAKTI SAMMAN 2023 IS THE MINISTRY OF JAL SHAKTI
- The President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu attended the “Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman 2023,” which was held by the Ministry of Jal Shakti to recognize the women leaders in the rural water and sanitation sector.
- This celebration of women’s accomplishments in the grassroots execution of the Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen (SBM-G), Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), and Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain was held in advance of International Women’s Day. (JSA-CTR).
- The President of India and Union Minister of Jal Shakti awarded the “Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman 2023” to 36 women WASH Champions.
KARNATAKA WINS THE SANTOSH TROPHY AFTER A 54-YEAR WAIT
- In a dramatic championship match at the King Fahd International Stadium in Saudi Arabia’s capital, Karnataka overcame Meghalaya 3-2 to break their 54-year title drought.
- Services won the playoff match against Punjab 2-0 to take third place. PP Shafeel and Christopher Kamei both scored goals, one in each half. Services, who had won five of the previous ten matches, took the lead in the seventh minute thanks to a long-range strike from Shafeel. A left-footed shot from beyond the box by Kamei led to the next goal.
- Karnataka was beaten 3-2 by Meghalaya (Brolington Warlarpih, 19, Bekley Oram, and Robin Yadav, 42). (Sunil Kumar; Bekley; Robin Yadav).
TO SAFEGUARD GLOBAL OCEAN BODIES, THE UN SIGNS THE FIRST “HIGH SEAS TREATY”
- To safeguard the ocean basins that make up about two-thirds of the world’s seas and are located outside of sovereign borders, the United Nations (UN) signed the first “High Seas Treaty.”
- The pact is the result of discussions on this environmental issue for ten years.
- Due to differences over finance and fishing rights, the previous discussions did not succeed in reaching an agreement.
- The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, the most recent international accord on ocean preservation, was signed in 1982, 40 years ago.
CM DHAMI OF UTTARAKHAND ANNOUNCED THE START OF A PROGRAM FOR SINGLE WOMEN TO PURSUE SELF-EMPLOYMENT
- Pushkar Singh Dhami, the chief minister of Uttarakhand, has declared the beginning of the Mukhyamantri Ekal Mahila Swarozgar Yojana in the state after Women Empowerment and Safety Week.
- Through self-help organizations, women in isolated areas in the state are boosting the rural economy. Women are bolstering their families’ economies via the possibilities of their skills.
- According to the Chief Minister, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has led several initiatives to strengthen the mother power.
PARTICIPATION BY INS TRIKAND IN THE 2023 INTERNATIONAL MARITIME EXERCISE
- The Indian destroyer INS Trikand has landed in Bahrain to take part in the 34-nation, US-led Combined Maritime Forces International Maritime Exercise for the first time.
- Rear Admiral Jean Michel Martinet, vice commander of IMX23 and commander of Task Force, was entertained by INS Trikand. (East).
- The crew of the INS Trikand also met with the exercise’s planning staff and ships from allied Navies. The captain of the INS Trikand also spoke with Piyush Srivastava, the Indian ambassador to Qatar.
THE RBI UNDERTAKES A CAMPAIGN TO ENCOURAGE ALL CITIZENS TO UTILIZE DIGITAL PAYMENTS
- Despite the recent explosion in digital payments, a sizable segment of the population still does not utilize them for their daily transactions.
- As part of Digital Payments Awareness Week (DPAW) 2023, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Shaktikanta Das launched a program called “Har Payment Digital” to bridge this gap and make every resident of the nation a user of digital payments.
- The awareness week’s slogan is “Adopt digital payments and teach others to do the same.”
THE 5TH JAN AUSHADHI DIWAS IS OBSERVED ON MARCH 7, 2023
- The 5th Jan Aushadhi Diwas 2023 will be observed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) in conjunction with the States and Union Territories, the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP), and the Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI). (PMBJP).
- From March 1 through March 7, 2023, several activities have been scheduled by the Department of Pharmaceuticals in several cities to raise awareness of the Jan Aushadhi Scheme.
- The topic of the 5th Jan Aushadhi Diwas, “Jan Aushadhi – Sasti bhi Acchi bhi,” is celebrated throughout India.
THE INDIAN GOVERNMENT HAS LAUNCHED A PLATFORM CALLED DIGICLAIM FOR FARMER INSURANCE CLAIMS
- The national crop insurance web now features a brand-new platform dubbed “DigiClaim” thanks to India’s Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar.
- The goal of this platform is to speed up the payment of insurance claims to farmers who have purchased crop insurance.
- For example, the Minister utilized the platform to quickly transfer an insurance claim of Rs. 1,260.35 crores to farmers who were covered in the Indian states of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, and Haryana.
IN NEW DELHI, AMIT SHAH OPENED THE VEDIC HERITAGE PORTAL
- Amit Shah, the Union Minister of the Interior, opened the Vedic Heritage webpage in New Delhi.
- The portal’s main goal is to spread the Vedic teachings and make them more understandable to the general public.
- The four Vedas are now available as audio-visual recordings on the Vedic Heritage webpage, according to Union Culture Minister G Kishan Reddy.
LORD BASAVESHWARA AND NADAPRABHU KEMPEGOWDA SCULPTURES ARE UNVEILED IN BENGALURU BY AMIT SHAH
- The sculptures of Lord Basaveshwara Ji and Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Ji were unveiled on the grounds of the State Assembly in Bengaluru, Karnataka, by Shri Amit Shah, Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation.
- The historical personalities Lord Basaveshwara and Nadaprabhu Kempegowda both hail from the southern Indian state of Karnataka.
- To those who are elected to the assembly, these monuments will continue to convey Basavanna ji and Kempegowda ji’s message of social justice, democracy, good government, and growth.
WHITEFIELD (KADUGODI) FOR THE KRISHNARAJAPURA METRO LINE WAS OPENED BY PM MODI
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi celebrated the opening of the Whitefield (Kadugodi) to the Krishnarajapura Metro Line in a tweet.
- He stated that by enhancing local connections and transportation, this new metro line will improve Bengaluru residents’ “Ease of Living.”
- The 13.71 km Reach-1 extension project, part of Bangalore Metro Phase 2, which extends to the Krishnarajapura Metro Line, was officially opened by the prime minister.
SCOTTISH NATIONAL PARTY LEADER HUMZA YOUSAF IS CHOSEN
- Humza Yousaf, a politician of Pakistani descent, has won the Scottish National Party (SNP) leadership race and will take Nicola Sturgeon’s place as the first minister of Scotland.
- Yousaf, a son of Asian immigrants, is on track to become Scotland’s first minister and the country’s first person of color.
- He triumphed against Ash Regan, who quit the administration in opposition to proposed changes to gender recognition, and Kate Forbes, the nation’s finance minister.
- With 52% of the final vote, Humza Yousaf won the Scottish National Party leadership race. His campaign centered on gaining Scottish independence and tackling the rising cost of living.
- This comes after the recent selection of Rishi Sunak as the first British Prime Minister of Indian descent.
- Yousaf will now lead the SNP in place of Nicola Sturgeon, who stepped down as party leader last month after eight years in office.